Tuesday, August 29, 2006



School is in Session

I dropped my children off at school today. Just like I have for the past four years, except this time I didn't have to return for 7 hours!

It has arrived. The magical time we have been waiting for. A new frontier. The time my mother referred to as " a happy time."

Both of my children are in school full time.

I have fond memories of my mother taking me back to school shopping at a rag tag department store called Uncle Bills. There were tables of notebooks and shelves of pens and glues. I would choose my folders and pens carefully, as my mother would scout out a few white button down shirts and clip-on ties to enhance my Catholic school wardrobe. She would even let me by some bad popcorn from the snack area.

Happy times indeed.

I think I'll take my kids to Big Lot's tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment