Wednesday, October 11, 2006





Denver Skate Park

This is a thank you letter to my 5 year old son. Thank you for making me skate again. It has been a few years since I put wheels to concrete. I had forgotten just how much I love it.

My son found my skateboard hanging in the garage over a year ago, and he has been obsessed with it ever since. He has his own deck now, along with his beloved Tony Hawk signature helmet. If it were up to him, we would ride every day.

Im not going to get all philisophical about skateboarding or how sports help you develop as a person. However, it has been a joy to watch my 5yr old develop in the skatepark. I watch from a distance, often times cringing, as he decides if he has the ability to drop into a new even steeper area. It may take him ten minutes to figure it out, but when he does, he does it with the right amount of confidence, determination, joy, and fear.

I learn something from my children everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment