Monday, March 05, 2012


My daughter has a crush on a boy and it's killing me.

I don't want her to like boys. I want her to like crayons and spinning around until she falls to the ground in hysterical laughter. I want her to like Barbie, but to keep her distance from Ken. I want her to like reading in bed, creating dance routines with friends, painting her nails, and listenting to her favorite music.

I want her to like harassing her brother with her cunning. I want her to like going to the movies, eating popsicles no matter what the temperature. I want my daughter to like going to school, learning, and hanging out with her girlfriends .

However, that is precisely where the trouble began. The group of girls has planted the seed that has grown into a full on crush. Love letters, maps on how to deliver the love letters, and directions for all the girls to paticipate in said delivery of the letters, have all transpired during the girls "hanging out."  This Valentine's day the "crush" sent her a flower at school. Home run, slam dunk, game over...

There is nothing I can do. It's time to get over it and move on, or move away.

No comments:

Post a Comment