Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Get out and ride!



Last night while making Chicken Parmesan for the kids, my son informed me that he had a flat tire on his bicycle.  He asked me if that meant that he had to buy a whole new tire or just the inner tube?  I decided I had enough time while my sauce simmered to educate him and his sister on the fine art of patching a bicycle tube.  Thank goodness they found it fascinating and were surprised how easy it was with the right tools.  They were so excited they both went for a ride on their bikes around the neighborhood while I finished up the chicken.  I have always loved bikes and cycling and hope to hand that passion on to my children because it holds a life time of benefits. Cycling with your kids is more than a good way of getting them out of the house and exercising – it turns even mundane trips such as the school run into quality time.  Fall is upon us, but there is still plenty of time to ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment